The Summer 2021 class schedule is still to be determined based on uncertainties with the COVID 19 pandemic. We hope to have information soon for the 2021 Season. Thank you for your patience.
2020 Virtual Season was super fun. Hopefully we may all start our summer 2021 together in person! Stay tuned for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, Kidz Konnection will be offering in-person programs in small groups limited to under 10 each program. summer camp performance programs. Instead, we will be offering a wide range of virtual performing arts instruction and programs. The full list of programs and pricing can be found below. In the case that the state of Connecticut allows group gatherings at any point this summer, all programs are designed to be easily transitioned to in-person. Registration is now available for Summer 2020 Programs.
ALL CLASSES THIS SUMMER ARE FOR GRADES 5+ ONLY.
Explore Your Options:
- WILD EXHIBITS (Camp-Styled Classes): Our “Wild Exhibits” are camp-styled virtual courses offered each day between 9:00am and 2:00pm for an hour at a time. These courses will run for two weeks and meet each weekday to provide students with a structured opportunity to learn a new skill. Students can participate in as many or as few courses as they choose and structure their days how they like, provided that they commit to attending class (unless an unforeseen circumstance prevents attendance) each day during the two-week period that the course runs. *NOTE: To ensure students have the highest quality experience, these courses will be capped. Multiple sections of each course will be offered, but space is limited. Register as early as possible to guarantee a spot for your student. If a section does not have a minimum of 5 students, it is subject to being cancelled
EARLY BIRD PRICING (Only available for registrations before June 1st): 1 Course = $75.00 per student; 2 Courses = $140.00 per student; Fast Pass (Unlimited Courses within a 2-week session) = $200.00; Seasons Pass (Unlimited Courses & Activities All Summer!) = $275.00
Regular Pricing (In effect July 2nd): 1 Course = $120.00 per student; 2 courses = $200.00 per student; Fast Pass (Unlimited Courses within a 2-week session) = $250.00; Season Pass (Unlimited Courses & Activities All Summer!) = $295.00
- EVENINGS WITH A ZOOMKEEPER (Weekly Classes): Our “Evenings with a Zoomkeeper” allow students to continue the same types of classes they might take in the fall, winter, or spring. These classes are weekly, hour long classes designed for students to receive personalized instruction in areas including dance, comedy, animation, playwriting, and much more! Students may pay per class, or commit to a 4 or 8 week session.
PRICING: 1 drop in hour class = $16.00; 4-weeks (4 classes) package = $65.00; 8 weeks (8 classes) = $120.00
- DROP IN SAFARI FUN (Structured Social Events): Our “Drop in Safari Fun” options will allow students to have a virtual space to connect, socialize, and bond over their shared passion for performing arts. These events aim to serve the student who is craving social interaction and an excuse to hang out with their theater friends and make new friends. Each event will be centered around a specific theme, activity, or discussion topic, such as open mic night, musical theater sing-a-long, or a “picnic at the zoo(m).”
PRICING: 1 Event = $10.00
- DAY-TRIPPER ENCOUNTERS (Intensive Workshops and Webinars): Our “Day-Tripper Encounters” are intensive workshops and webinars that students may sign up for to dive deeper into a specific topic such as preparing for auditions, understanding the nuances of voice acting, jumping into the world of Shakespeare, and more! These programs will typically happen on weekend days and will be 2-3 hours of interactive, intensive instruction and discussion on a specific topic.
PRICING: TBD based on the length and intensity of specific workshop
**DISCLAIMER: The content of all Summer 2020 Programs is not related to animals or zoos in any way. The ZOO-M-AGIC Curriculum uses a “zoo” as a mode of analogy (and as a play on words with “Zoom,” the online virtual teaching program) only, and not to describe the actual content of the curriculum. Our courses are centered around performing arts topics, not zoo keeping, zoo management, or animal behavior.
Camp-styled virtual courses offered each day between 9:00am and 2:00pm for an hour at a time.
JULY 6th-17th: The Art of The Story: All classes during this first two-week session will be themed around “The Art of The Story.” Students may sign up for just one, two, three, four, or all five classes depending on their level of interest and personal schedule. Courses are designed to each have their own curriculum that can be taken independently of one another, but compliment each other by following the common theme of “The Art of The Story.”
- Interpretive Dance: 9 – 10:00am. Learn how to tell a story with only your body! No prior dance experience necessary.
- Stories Through Set Design: 10 – 11:00am. Discover the art of creating a story visually through set design! No prior set design or visual art experience necessary.
- The Art of Story Telling: 11 – 12:00pm. Learn to communicate through stories and become a better performer by understanding the importance of narrative in theater. No prior acting experience necessary.
- Animation Imagination: 12 – 1:00pm. Create your own animation short and watch characters that you create come to life on your computer screen! No prior animation or visual art experience necessary.
JULY 20th-31st: Musical Theater Mania: All classes during this second two-week session will be themed around “Musical Theater Mania.” Students may sign up for just one, two, three, four, or all five classes depending on their level of interest and personal schedule. Courses are designed to each have their own curriculum that can be taken independently of one another, but compliment each other by following the common theme of “Musical Theater Mania.”
- Cabaret Variety Show: 9 – 10:00am. Students work on individual pieces including solos, scenes, and monologues for a Livestream performance at the end of the second week.
- Singing with Miss Stacey: 10 – 11:00am. Participate in individualized vocal instruction on either your solo for the Cabaret class, a solo for an audition coming up later in the year, or another song of your choice.
- Acting for Musicals: 11 – 12:00pm. Acting techniques differ for musicals and plays. Become a triple threat by honing your acting skill specifically to play a wide range of characters in musicals!
- Musical Theater Through History: 12 – 1:00pm. Discover the world of musical theater from its very beginnings to now through song and dance!
AUGUST 3rd-14th: Bucket of Paint: All classes during this third two-week session will be themed around “A Bucket of Paint.” Students may sign up for just one, two, three, four, or all five classes depending on their level of interest and personal schedule. Courses are designed to each have their own curriculum that can be taken independently of one another, but compliment each other by following the common theme of “A Bucket of Paint.”
- Face Makeup: Students will receive guided instruction on makeup techniques for live (and virtual) theater. Students will follow guided instruction with the goal of becoming comfortable with transforming a human face using theatrical stage makeup. *Note: Students will be responsible for the cost of materials including face paint and make up sponges.
- Canvas Painting: Students will learn how to paint. They will practice various techniques and hone their artistic abilities.
- Animation: Discover the basics of animation and how you can use technology as a canvas to create your own characters and stories!
- Painting a Set: Students will have the ability to work on their very own flat for a show and paint their backdrop themselves!
AUGUST 17th-28th: Comedy Central: All classes during this final two-week session will be themed around “Comedy Central.” Students may sign up for just one, two, three, four, or all five classes depending on their level of interest and personal schedule. Courses are designed to each have their own curriculum that can be taken independently of one another, but compliment each other by following the common theme of “Comedy Central.”
- Slapstick Comedy: 9 – 10:00am Learn how to utilize slapstick humor in a way that will fool every audience member! Students will discover the tricks of throwing a fake punch, wielding prop weapons, and deliver a believable slap without even touching their fellow cast members!
- Comic Strip: 10 – 11:00am. Learn how to write a comic strip that will have your readers rolling on the floor laughing!
- Stand Up Comedy: 11 – 12:00pm. Learn how to write and perform a full stand-up routine that will have any audience howling.
- Improv Comedy: 12 – 1:00pm. The greatest comedians understand the importance of a well-timed improv! Improvisation is a key skill for any actor who aspires to do anything from comedy sketch shows, stand up comedy, and even scripted comedic shows or movies!
PRICING: 1 Course = $75.00 per student; 2 Courses = $140.00 per student; Fast Pass (Unlimited Courses within a 2-week session) = $250.00;
EVENINGS WITH A ZOOM-KEEPER
Weekly hour-long classes.
JULY 6th-AUGUST 31st: Weekly Zoom-Keeper Classes: Personalized classes on a specific topic. These courses can be taken simultaneously with any of the “Wild Exhibit” Camp Programs to supplement a student’s experience with a specific topic or can be taken individually as stand-alone classes. Students can pay per class session, or pay for an entire four or eight week session. No prior experience with the course content is required for any of these classes.
- Interpretive Dance: Tuesdays 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Beginner Tap/Jazz Combo for Teens: Tuesdays 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Playwriting: Wednesdays 5:00pm-6:00pm
- Acting for Animation: Wednesdays 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Advanced Tap: Thursdays 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Fight Choreo: Thursdays 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Comedy Club: Fridays 5:00pm-6:00pm
- $16 per class
- $65.00 per 4-week session
- $120.00 per 8-week session
DROP IN SAFARI FUN
Weekly Friday night sing-alongs and open mic nights.
JULY 10th-AUGUST 28th: Drop-In Safari Fun: Bi-weekly afternoon and evening opportunities for students to come together to show off their talents and get together with their friends. These sing-alongs and open mic nights will give students an opportunity to sing karaoke, perform original songs, sketches, poetry, spoken word, or any other type of entertainment that a student would like to explore in a social, low-stakes environment. Students can participate in these events without performing if they would prefer to support their friends. Bi-weekly sing-alongs offer students an opportunity to sing karaoke of any (family friendly) song of their choice. On alternate weeks, open mic nights will allow students to perform covers of existing works of art in any medium of their choice or perform original content such as original songs on an instrument or vocally, original comedy routines, poems, stories, interpretive dances, or anything else that they would like to showcase to their peers. Students may choose to perform work developed in a course they have taken through Kidz Konnection if they choose.
- 4:00pm-5:00pm, Friday, July 10th: Sing-Along
- 6:00pm-7:00pm, Friday, July 17th: Open Mic Night
- 4:00pm-5:00pm, Friday, July 24th: Sing-Along
- 6:00pm-7:00pm, Friday, July 31st: Open Mic Night
- 4:00pm-5:00pm, Friday, August 7th: Sing-Along
- 6:00pm-7:00pm, Friday, August 14th: Open Mic Night
- 4:00pm-5:00pm, Friday, August 21st: Sing-Along
- 6:00pm-7:00pm, Friday, August 28th: Open Mic Night
- $10 per event
- $35.00 per 4-weeks
- $65.00 per all 8-weeks
DAY TRIPPER ENCOUNTERS
2 hour webinars each week on Saturday mornings.
JULY 11th-AUGUST 29th: Day Tripper Encounters: These workshop webinars are designed to give an opportunity for students to engage in a topic in-depth, in an advanced setting. Each topic has 2 sessions that can be taken independently of one another or together, depending on the student’s schedule and level of interest.
The Best of the Bard: Jumping into Shakespeare: Reading Shakespeare can seem scary but it’s fun too! Come find out.
- Session 1: Saturday, July 11th
- Session 2: Saturday, July 18th
How to Prepare for an Audition: Bring your own audition piece or let us help you as we prepare you for your next BIG audition!
- Session 1: Saturday, July 25th
- Session 2: Saturday, August 1st
Experimental Theater: Art exists out of new ideas. Let’s find some new ways to engage together in this medium.
- Session 1: Saturday, August 8th
- Session 2: Saturday, August 15th
The Do’s and Don’ts of Voice Overs: How acting in voice overs is different than stage acting.
- Session 1: Saturday, August 22nd
- Session 2: Saturday, August 29th
- $60.00 per workshop
- $100.00 for 2 workshops